Fall is in the air and that means I am aching to spend more time in the kitchen. Something about a windy chilly fall day gives me permission to retreat to the house for some baking or canning.
One of my favorite recipes to make & share in early fall is pumpkin butter. This thick inviting butter is like pumpkin pie in a jar!I make a batch & take it to my neighbors each year to signify that fall has arrived and it’s time to go inside, get cozy, & let the aroma of fall fill your kitchens and warm your tummies.
Oh did I mention that this is super easy to make & EVERYONE loves it?
- 1 (29 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup apple juice
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Combine pumpkin, apple juice, spices, and sugar in a large saucepan; stir well. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes or until thickened. Stir frequently.
- Transfer to sterile containers and chill in the refrigerator until serving, water bath can like a regular butter such as apple butter, or freeze in a freezer jam container. The cool thing is that this is a super versitile recepie so you can store it according to your skill level & your time! Make it quick & stick it in the fridge or doll it up for a gift