Only 14 days left until Christmas, which means only two more weekends to get your Christmas shopping done. If you’re like me and have barely started (or not started at all) you may think it’s time to start panicking. But fear not, I have some tips to help you relax and tackle your to-dos in an orderly fashion:
- Make a list and stick to it. There’s nothing more stressful than the guild of feeling like you over spent. Do your research before hand so you know what you’re in for and shop within your means. What’s everyone getting? What is it going to cost approximately? Where can I get it?
- Shop online. Many online shops have a quick turnaround time on shipping. Just to be safe though, I’d recommend ordering by the end of this weekend. Otherwise, you might find yourself on December 21 beginning to wonder if it’ll show up on time.
- Go into stores early. No one likes a crowded mall – it’s stressful trying to fight through the crowds. Find out what time the store opens and get there early. It doesn’t have to be right at 9 am, but after lunch is a bad time. Plus, going early gives you the rest of your day to sit back and enjoy a cup of spiced eggnog.
- Give experiences. Not sure what to get that person who has everything? Consider tickets to a concert, play, or an upcoming wine or scotch fest. Give them something they can go do rather than have. And make sure there are two tickets so they can take someone along (hopefully you!).
- Wrap it up! A lot of malls have wrapping services that donates the money to a charity. Save yourself some headache and time by dropping the gifts off with them while you go enjoy a latte.