After being subconsciously wooed by Special K*’s current television commercials, I decided to Google the brand and found the following recipe:
SPECIAL K* Banana Muffins
* 325 ml 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
* 75 ml 1/3 cup granulated sugar
* 15 ml 1 tbsp baking powder
* 2 ml 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
* 1 ml 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
* 1 ml 1/4 tsp salt
* 375 ml 1 1/2 cup Cereals Special K* cereal
* 1 egg
* 75 ml 1/3 cup skim milk
* 50 ml 1/4 cup vegetable oil
* 250 ml 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
* In large mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Stir in crushed cereal.
* In small bowl, beat egg slightly; stir in milk, oil and bananas. Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until combined. Portion batter evenly into lightly greased or paper lined muffin-pan cups.
* Bake at 200°C ( 400°F ) for about 20 minutes or until golden brown and firm to the touch.
* PER SERVING:
* 145 Calories (610 kJ)
* 3.0 g Protein
* 25 g Carbohydrate
* 4.5 g Fat
* 1.0 g Dietary Fibre
* In keeping with good allergy practices, we remind you to be aware of allergens and to check labels on any packaged goods used. This recipe has been tested using Kellogg’s* products. Results with other products may vary.
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
I don’t know if Special K* cereal is the end all of cereals but I do know this, it makes an already great banana muffin recipe even better.0